20090208

new kid on the blocc

It goes by the name of Mayer Hawthorne & The County. Mayer is the newest thing coming from Stones Throw and he is most definitely a throw back to late 60's early 70's soul. After being introduced to Stones Throw label head Peanut Butter Wolf by a mutual friend, even his current boss was skeptical. “He showed me two songs and I didn't understand what I was listening to,” Wolf recalls. “I asked him if they were old songs that he did re-edits of – I couldn't believe they were new songs and that he played all the instruments.” 
Basically the kid is dope.... No one expects to find out that what they are listening to is some white kid from Michigan. 
If you have iTunes, go subscribe to the Stones Throw podcast, I guarantee you will find something you have never heard before and your going to love it. 

No comments: